Thursday, January 11, 2007

Technological marvels and such

My sneaky family got me an ipod for Christmas and nearly immediately I have become addicted to it. Being able to load the contents of all my own cd's and many of the kids' as well onto a single device and then being able to listen to it randomly through shuffle or using a planned out play list is amazing. I dance through the house dusting or putting things away and on a recent lengthy car trip we used the adapter to play the ipod through the car stereo and it makes a difference to have non-stop great music. Now I just need a new radio for my kitchen that will let me play my tunes and dishes won't be such a pain in the tush anymore (I hope). It's fun to spend time online just checking out musicians I'm not familiar with and my kids send me clips of interesting new artists they come across as well. If these digital players have made such an impact in the past couple of years, you have to wonder what is coming around the corner.

No comments: