Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My Home Town


I discovered the Mosaic Maker for Flicr so I decided to make a pictoral salute to my hometown of Morgantown, West (by God!) Virginia. I haven't lived there in 20 years, but at times I miss it very much. Growing up in a college town is a wonderful experience because there is always something exciting going on - concerts, games, wonderful and unique restaurants and shops, diversity in people, food, and opinions. Looking at all the photos that other people have taken of the city I grew up in was fascinating - I saw some things that I thought I knew well, but through a fresh pair of eyes. It was easy to cut and paste the photos into the template that produced what you see here. Definitely something I will explore in more depth along with some of the other things I saw.

2 comments:

Colliegirl said...

I'll have to give MosaicMaker a try! The Trading Card was fun, but took me a bit to figure out. You found some beautiful pictures!

Marcie said...

Ditto on the MosaicMaker. Yours looks like a poster! And I love the Chekov story. The statue is so funny!